Interdisciplinary POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
A postdoctoral researcher position is available in the laboratories of Michael Niederweis and Gino Cingolani at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). We are seeking a motivated scientist to join an NIH-funded research program focused on iron utilization by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The successful candidate will receive training in cutting-edge methods in microbiology, biochemistry, and structural biology (cryo-EM) and will benefit from work in collaborative and highly successful labs. UAB consistently ranks among the top US universities in one of the best US cities to live in.
· PhD with training in biochemistry and/or structural biology
· A strong publication record and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Conduct rigorous and original science
· Design, perform, and interpret experiments
· Write and publish high-quality peer-reviewed research
· Supervise and train undergraduate or graduate trainees and/or technicians
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The minimum starting salary is $56,500 following NIH plus benefits (additional compensation is based on qualifications and experience).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The application should be a single PDF file, including a cover letter with your research accomplishments and career goals (1 page), your curriculum vitae, a list of three references, and three relevant publications.